quilts and more socks

I love Sunday mornings. Sleeping in a little and making a big breakfast. Dutch baby pancakes. This recipe. You have to make one, so good. I like mine with raspberry jam, mister likes his with just a bit of icing sugar no lemon. 
Yesterday I made a big pot of soup. This recipe. Except instead of potatoes which I didn't have any I used cauliflower which I had plenty of. Cooked seperately and blended with lots of heavy cream. It turned out even better. I added more than a splash of heavy cream because I love a creamy soup and thats how we roll around here. It was meant to last all weekend but the mister loved it so much it won't last so tonight we barbecue. 
The dogs got their bath today. Sydney runs and hides, she knows whats coming. She is doing so much better. Back to her old self which makes me so happy but she is on medication, twice a day. The things we do for our pets we love so much! 
Yesterday I found myself in one of those days where I had
no plans for anything whatsoever,  with the only thing to do but curl up and knit, I watched a ton of old classic movies. I love days like that. I watched Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, My Fair Lady, A Long Hot Summer (because I love Paul Newman) and Nancy Drew, Reporter.
This past week among some of the many many wips in my baskets that lay everywhere around the house, I managed to finish two quilts.
I finally sewed the binding onto my vintage fabric patchwork quilt, hand tied quilts have such a vintage quality to them. Also the easiest quilt you'll ever make, a whole cloth quilt using the Purl Soho lap duvet tutorial. Seriously, easiest quilt ever! The fabric is the lovely floral fabric from DailylikeCanada. The yardage is amazing. 62" wide. How perfect is that. I got 2 yards of the floral and 2 yards of the white cotton which is also 62" wide. If you want to dip your feet into quilting, then this is the way to go. Super fast, super easy and absolutely pretty fabrics are a plus. 
David claimed it, despite all the flowers he says its the coziest thing ever. 
Cozy things are good. 
I also released a new sock pattern. The pattern is called Primrose. A little collaboration between Dianne of the Suburban Stitcher Podcast and myself. She dyed up the lovely yarn which will be available on her etsy shop tomorrow I believe and along with some lovely bags! If you would like to knit a pair for yourself, use the discount code "suburbanstitcher" for 50% off. 
Socks are cozy and you can never knit enough!




7 comments

  1. That is one of the cutest dogs ever! Looks like a real sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, she is, when she wants to be lol!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pieces. I love that sock holder (is there a term for it??). I'm just learning socks, and it seems like it would be helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! it is a sock blocker, you can purchase the ones I have here on etsy but there are other avail through knit picks and webs. They're nice for displaying and drying socks but not essential.

      Delete
  3. You know, I've not seen A Long Hot Summer, but I think I'd better put it on my list. My favorite classic movie is Some Like It Hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some like it hot is so good too. I just love Paul Newman when he was younger.

      Delete
  4. What a cutie your dog is! Love those quilts and that print with the pink flowers is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to read your comments.